Devil Cone Hang on Protein Skimmer DHO-850C <850L Tanks
The DHO-850C external hang on protein skimmer is designed to hang on the rim of the fish tank. These skimmers comes complete with an advanced needle wheel impeller pump.
A venturi valve attached to the pump is used to inject air into the water flow, the water is then drawn through the needle wheel impeller, which chops the incoming bubbles into a fine mist by hacking through the water air mixture and eventually creating a foam at the top of the skimmer collection cup area.
The benefits of the cone-shaped design is that in principle a conical body allows the foam to accumulate more steadily through a gently sloping transition. In turn this will reduce the overall turbulence, resulting in more efficient skimming.
It is easy to adjust the water level inside the skimmer compared to other traditional hang on skimmers. You can adjust the water level accurately depending on the skimmers operational situation. There is no need to move the collection cup up and down to make the adjustments like other hang on skimmers.
Which is inconvenient and inaccurate.
- Latest cone shape reaction chamber
- Removable skimmer body/bubble plate design
- Extreme performance needle wheel impellers
- Equipped with innovative dual venturi air intake unit
- Smooth twist collection cup for easy cleaning / maintenance.
- Made with top quality cast acrylic, which means these skimmers are ozone friendly.
- Air intake silencer for each needle wheel pump included.
Priming the DHO Skimmer
- Step 1: Fill the skimmer body with tank water.Fill the skimmer body in line with your tank water level.
- Step 2: Remove the inside air to start the operation
As with external pumps / filters air trapped within the body will cause initial start up issues, this in turn affects the operation and noise produced by the skimmer.
To remove this air, close the air inlet by plugging the two air inlets on the silencer with your fingers and then turn the pump on. The pump will now fill the skimmer and water will flow out of the outlet pipe back into the tank.